Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Security
(08-26-2018, 04:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was thinking about buying a wireless home security camera system for outdoors. Anybody have this and what do you have? Are you satisfied? Trying to find good deals but I'm not above paying top dollar (depending on our versions of top dollar LOL 

I hired some guys to grind my tree stumps. Unknowingly, the guy is a huge meth head and so are his friends. Days after they finished, my neighbor was almost robbed but the dog chased off the guy. Dude dropped a flashlight with his name on it. Well, since my neighbor is a cop, he knew who the guy was and it was one of the guys who worked on my tree's. So, since I have my improved, refurbished 2.5 car garage turned into a mancave, I want to protect it and my house. 

My house sits about 110ft north of my mancave. But I need enough wireless camera's to cover it all. 

Any suggestions other than buying a gun? Chances are, they will steal my shit without me even knowing it so the gun wont help much. Plus, they know my wife and my work schedule. Ugh!

Do you think a wireless home security system might better suit your needs?  Might not work so great for your garage that far away because the signal may not carry that far but would work well for the house itself.  Of course you could always put another one in the garage or combine it with cameras for the garage. 

It most likely won't cover the house and garage combined due to the distance between but I recently installed the Simplisafe system in my house.  It works well with wireless keypads, wireless sensors for the windows and doors, and wireless IR motion detectors. They also offer a glass break sensor but I figure between the sensors on windows and doors and the motion sensors I'm covered.   Also Ring, the company that makes those camera doorbells just released a similar system that might be worth looking into.  Best thing is they both don't have monitoring contracts.  So you are not locked into a few years contract like ADT or similar.

But if it is just the garage you are most concerned about maybe you could just install it there. Simplisafe works on wifi and backup cell signal so maybe it would work if you get a wifi signal in the garage. I know one thing the alarm is super loud because when I first installed mine I set it off a few times before I learned to disarm before opening a door in the morning. :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Home Security - HarleyDog - 08-26-2018, 04:12 PM
RE: Home Security - Goalpost - 08-26-2018, 04:46 PM
RE: Home Security - HarleyDog - 08-26-2018, 04:56 PM
RE: Home Security - jfkbengals - 08-26-2018, 05:18 PM
RE: Home Security - George Cantstandya - 08-26-2018, 09:09 PM
RE: Home Security - Millhouse - 08-26-2018, 09:30 PM
Home Security - Storer50 - 08-27-2018, 03:53 AM
RE: Home Security - fredtoast - 08-27-2018, 12:14 PM