Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN refuses to retract its lie
(08-30-2018, 07:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How does it "give him legitimacy" if it doesn't "prove he is right"?

It does not give him any credibility to call that story "fake news" because not a single fact in the story was fake.  The picture does not change a single fact reported.  What if they had just used a stock drawing of a child?  Would that make the story "Fake news"?

If a news source uses a photo that changes the facts of the story then that is a big problem.  If the photo does not change a single fact in the story then you have to be a Trump sycophant to call it "fake news".

If you say he has a point then tell me what part of the story you now doubt is true based on the photo.

That's not the point I was referring to. I do not doubt the story or the facts in it in any way. Still using a photo that shows something else as indicated is a journalistic mistake. And it feeds Trump's cannon, he now has a factually legit argument to back up his fake news claim. 
That doesn't give him more credibility with me. But I'm not the measure stick, or you for that matter, it's people who are more pro-Trump and can be persuaded by him that what they read is not what's happening, fake news etc. etc. Every factually correct example Trump and FOX can use for that, as thin as it may be (and sure that photogate is thin) is one too many.

But bfine did never say "that proves Trump is right" or "it's all fake news". You argue points that weren't made.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
CNN refuses to retract its lie - Vlad - 08-30-2018, 10:56 AM
RE: CNN refuses to retract it's lie - jj22 - 08-30-2018, 11:55 AM
RE: CNN refuses to retract it's lie - hollodero - 08-30-2018, 07:21 PM
RE: CNN refuses to retract its lie - Dill - 08-31-2018, 11:03 AM
RE: CNN refuses to retract its lie - jj22 - 08-31-2018, 10:18 AM
RE: CNN refuses to retract its lie - Dill - 08-31-2018, 11:06 AM