Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN refuses to retract its lie
(08-31-2018, 10:50 AM)hollodero Wrote: I say what you won't, many of them are plain stupid. Half of them believed in pizzagate. Case closed.

Those who aren't use rhetorical tricks, spins, shifts, whataboutisms, shaky logical bridges etc. just like people from all sides do. That these attempts look bad to comical at times is Trump's fault. Sure, one could also just leave him, but once you've looked into his golden heart, it's hard to do.

I have been working on outreach stuff, lately, so I try to take it easy on folks. I talk about fishing a lot, and I go fishing a lot. The angling community is filled with people much more conservative than myself. Often we are into both hunting and fishing and so firearms legislation is important to them. For a long time, Democrats in this state have been leaving this alone because that outreach has been seen as unattainable since the southern strategy. As a result, it makes it much easier to dehumanize them as the opposition, which furthers the divisiveness in our political environment.

When I talk to these people we talk about the need to protect the forests and waterways. We lament the pollution that has been caused by Merck and DuPont. We are saddened by the forested land that is ever shrinking and the way the erratic weather has made hunting and fishing more difficult. We pick up trash as we walk in from a fishing spot because it is harmful to the ecosystem in which these fish and the waterfowl live. Liberal and conservative, side by side, same concerns.

We're all people sharing the same world, same country, state, county, city, whatever. We have shared concerns. We just need to talk about those because that is what matters. Not the big exciting story being sold to us to distract us from the policies that really affect our every day lives.

/tangent
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
CNN refuses to retract its lie - Vlad - 08-30-2018, 10:56 AM
RE: CNN refuses to retract it's lie - jj22 - 08-30-2018, 11:55 AM
RE: CNN refuses to retract its lie - Dill - 08-31-2018, 11:03 AM
RE: CNN refuses to retract its lie - jj22 - 08-31-2018, 10:18 AM
RE: CNN refuses to retract its lie - Dill - 08-31-2018, 11:06 AM
RE: CNN refuses to retract its lie - Belsnickel - 08-31-2018, 11:13 AM