Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFT Predicts Bengals Miss The Post Season
(09-09-2015, 10:01 AM)djs7685 Wrote: That leaves the Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, Chiefs, Chargers, Dolphins, and Texans fighting for 3 spots, and that's completely ignoring that there will probably be an "unexpected" team that plays reasonably well this year (looking at you, Buffalo).

Don't laugh, but I think that team may be the Raiders. 

If Derek Carr progresses to where he's a mid to high 80's QB then I think it's a real possibility.  His weapons should make some improvement inevitable.  He was already at a 76.6 rating with a respectable 21 and 12 TD to INT line, and that was with him throwing to Andre Holmes and James Jones.  Jarvis Landry and Michael Crabtree are two very nice additions are not a bad 1/2 WR. It's almost certainly better than anything they've had there since 2002.

Many people are expecting a decent performance out of Latavius Murray this season.  He too should be a better number 1 than what they've had in some time.  I think a young running back with his measurables offers more potential than an oft injured Darren McFadden,  a well past his prime MJD, Michael Bush, Justin Vargas, Rashad Jennings, and the other slew of names they've rostered these last 10 years.

You have a younger line, that was not terrible last season (Ranked 16th by PFT) to round out their offense.  All in all, I don't think that's a terrible group.  And, with finishing dead last year (32) in offense, there is only room for improvement.  Again, if Carr progress along wit that WR corp and Murray is even average, then I think they could have a pretty big turnaround on O.

All you really need to know about their D is that they were decent last season (21st, which should have been higher if not for a terrible offense) and they added a ton of help.  I'd say they were really looking at  middle of the pack D last season.  But they've added Dan Williams (stud NT), Curtis Lofton (very good MLB), Nate Allen (experienced DB) and Malcolm Smith (Superbowl MVP, who had started 57 games over 4 seasons for a very good Seahawks team)  With all that helped added to a young team I think that's a decent unit.  I've seen some predict top 10.

Finally, the biggest two reasons: 1.) Jack Del Rio.  2.) Law of averages.

I think he's the best head coach they've had since Chucky and damn are they due for a playoff appearance.  Even if they don't quite make it that far I do think they'll be much improved.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFT Predicts Bengals Miss The Post Season - Wes Mantooth - 09-09-2015, 12:46 PM