Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFT Predicts Bengals Miss The Post Season
(09-09-2015, 02:52 PM)McC Wrote: This.  It is faulty reasoning, though.  They think, almost on a yearly basis, that the Bengals losing in the playoffs somehow prevents them from getting back there.  A team makes the playoffs four years in a row and that is somehow a reason why they won't make it a fifth.  I call twisted logic and predetermined prejudice on that.  They just can't giver in to the reality that the team they counted on for a ready joke is no longer a joke.

Year after year, the Dolphins get picked and year after year, they come up short.  Doesn't stop them from picking them again.  It's the same phenomenon in reverse.

(09-09-2015, 03:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. The logic is definitely faulty, but the 0-6 playoff record is an easy target for those that want to doubt the Bengals. It's fair to point it out as a reason why you don't think they'll win a Super Bowl, but it has nothing to do with the regular season, where the Bengals have been consistently good.

Also, there's this thing called the gambler's fallacy. Just because you flip a quarter 4 times and get tails each time, that doesn't mean that the 5th flip is more likely to land on heads. The Bengals making the playoffs 4 years in a row doesn't mean they are less likely to make the playoffs this year.

I agree with what both of you are saying in general......but.

All I'm saying is if you look really closely at exactly how and why we've made the playoffs four years in a row. We've had the luxury of a couple easy schedules in there, we've gotten in by a hair by basically nobody being better. And a half dozen other ways to break it up.

Point being we've not really powered our way into the playoffs by forcing our will and whupping ass.

If this trend continues ??? And we really aren't a true powerhouse team ?? Can we really expect to, for lack of better words, get lucky again ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFT Predicts Bengals Miss The Post Season - bengalfan74 - 09-09-2015, 04:00 PM