Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump on undocumented immigrants: 'These aren't people. These are animals.'
(09-12-2018, 10:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well Dino vetted his comparing his inability to do something well to being in the Special Olympics. Over 6 million Americans suffer from intellectual disabilities so that might be right up there with suggesting non-citizens are voting in some places.

First of all, the comment about special olympics was not a "lie." It was a bad thing to say.  For which Obama apologized. People accepted the apology because of Obama's generally empathetic demeanor towards people.  Everyone--almost--moved on.

So no, it is not right up there with claiming (not "suggesting") millions of illegal immigrants are voting. And then continuing to insist on the claim when faced with evidence to the contrary. And NEVER apologizing or admitting a mistake.  Trump's statement was part of his overal program to help his base imagine threats involving brown people, threats that aren't really there.

By the way I agree with the point you made about Obama's "political" lies. All politicians say things that turn out to be untrue. And that doesn't always mean they were lying when they said them. Bush I said "Read my lips. No new Taxes." Then he had to raise taxes. Doesn't make him a liar; he reached a point where any other option was irresponsible.  A lot of so-called politcal lies are like that. Or someone makes a promise others prevent him from keeping.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump on undocumented immigrants: 'These aren't people. These are animals.' - Dill - 09-12-2018, 11:01 AM