Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Democratic senator releases document showing ICE got $9.8 million from FEMA
(09-12-2018, 02:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure how they have the authority to move money around that was allocated in the federal budget, but this is a much bigger issue than just FEMA.

FEMA lost 1%, but the Opioid Funding for Laboratories and Scientific Services lost about 6% of funding to ICA.

Even "Border Security" lost huge chunks of funding to ICA. $32.5 million dollars were taken away from money allocated for border drones and Unattended Ground Sensors (UGS).

I think the story is largely overblown since congress will just borrow more money to spend regardless of what coffee it comes out of. But I am curious about how they moved the money. I honestly don’t know much about it at the federal level but (most?, some?) states and local governments have restrictions on transferring funds. You can, generally, but they can’t be designated for a specific purpose. General funds (usually) can be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democratic senator releases document showing ICE got $9.8 million from FEMA - Benton - 09-12-2018, 03:27 PM