Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erickson isnt getting it done
(09-25-2018, 01:25 PM)J.Moore Wrote: Yea, I'm a new member so my opinion won't matter much to most. Old enough to remember when the Bengals were first formed, remember them playing first scrimmage game against UC I think, Greg Cook, Paul Brown, I remember when Bill Johnson was picked over Bill Walsh and then sportscaster Phil Samp said "Bill Johnson is the right man for the job." Little did everyone know.

I remember watching Pete Johnson fail to get across the goal line in the 82 SB loss with SF having only 10 men on the field, and the famous missed game winning SB interception by Lewis Billups against SF again. I've watched some football in my day.

But this Alex Erickson bashing is a bit much don't you think? He is one guy I would like to see on the field more as slot receiver. He has great hands and usually always moves the chains. Just because he doesn't run every punt and kickoff back for a TD he isn't getting it done? Give me a break please.

Sundays loss and "not getting it done," how about:
Our all world defensive front getting little pressure on Newton (other than Dunlap)  
Our defense giving up 240 some yards rushing.
Our defense getting 0 turnovers.
4 intercepts, 1 actually on AD.
Bullocks missed FG. His range is 40-45 yards max.

BTW, did anybody watch the clock management clinic Ben and the Steelers put on last night just before the half? They moved the ball 75 yards and scored a TD in less than a minute.  I hope our coaching staff watched that display.

All opinions matter to me. 

Welcome aboard !

Erikson led the NFL in kickoff return yardage not too long ago & he holds onto the ball. I agree that he's not the problem.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Erickson isnt getting it done - RASCAL - 09-25-2018, 12:25 AM
RE: Erickson isnt getting it done - CJD - 09-25-2018, 10:29 AM
RE: Erickson isnt getting it done - Benton - 09-25-2018, 11:10 AM
RE: Erickson isnt getting it done - Sled21 - 09-25-2018, 12:00 PM
RE: Erickson isnt getting it done - Sled21 - 09-25-2018, 01:35 PM
RE: Erickson isnt getting it done - depthchart - 09-25-2018, 01:41 PM