Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Male Squads performed better
(09-11-2015, 01:41 AM)Benton Wrote: Don't think you were.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/2015/09/10/mixed-gender-teams-come-up-short-marines-infantry-experiment/71979146/

That's the link from the from the OP link.

I got it from this:

Quote:They were divided by military occupational specialties representative of those in the ground combat element of a traditional Marine air-ground task force: infantry; weapons; artillery; and mechanized units, including tanks and other armored vehicles. A provisional rifle platoon rounded out the unit, allowing officials to assess and compare the performance of Marines who had received no formal infantry training with those who had completed Lejeune's Infantry Training Battalion, including some of the first female graduates.

As I said, not sure I'm reading correctly, but it looks like the squads were each devided with experienced Infantrymen and then non-combat Soldier added to round out the squards regardless of sex.  But like the article said They will release more on the composition of the Squads in current weeks.

It just seemed as if some were suggesting that the squads with females performed more poorly because they were being compared to squads consisting solely of Infantrymen. Who knows I could be wrong and be 0-4 this week. Imagine my shame.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
All Male Squads performed better - Beaker - 09-10-2015, 06:17 PM
RE: All Male Squads performed better - bfine32 - 09-11-2015, 03:04 PM