Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikki Haley Resigns as U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations
(10-09-2018, 02:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then why did you start the "gender shaming"?

(10-09-2018, 02:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He did not call Graham a "dude".  He just said any victim of Graham's sexual misconduct would be a dude.

Thank you for trying to clear up Dino's confusion; although, I asserted any allegations of sexual misconduct directed toward Graham could be a dude. But you were close, so thanks. In appreciation of your efforts I'm going to explain to you why Dino's meme is gender-shaming and my assertion is not.

Dino's meme suggests to show emotion one must be feminine.  It asserts that showing emotion cannot be masculine. It points directly to gender roles and feebly tries to assert that one that shows emotion is a woman.

Now my assertion points to the fact that a life-long bachelor  from the deep south that has no romantic ties to a female could equally be considered to be tied to a male.

One examples attempts to pass judgement and shame; while the other does not. Hopefully you now understand the difference and will be able to identify it moving forward. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nikki Haley Resigns as U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations - bfine32 - 10-09-2018, 06:34 PM