Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line.
(10-14-2018, 07:02 PM)motoarch Wrote: This is stupid.

Thank You.  I have a thread on here, " My Take On Bengals Loss To Steelers ".   I said it was a well played game.  Dalton moved Bengals to game winning TD with under 2 minutes left.  Two future Hall of Famers Big Ben to Antonio Brown came back to score, much like HOF combo of Montana to Rice.  As a Bengal Fan, it hurts.  It was a well played game, on to the Chiefs.   I asked what do you want Mixon to do, not go in for the TD with under 2 minutes to go.  Field goal would have kept Bengals behind, and they needed a TD with under 2 minutes.  Some said nobody is saying Mixon shouldn't have scored......Well, now you have a thread that Mixon shouldn't have scored. 

Thank you for saying it is stupid.  The blocking hole was there, Mixon pounded it in with some extra effort.  Bengals went ahead after 2 minute break.  

Lets say Mixon gets cute and takes a knee at the 1, which goes against all football logic behind by more than 3 points.  What if Steelers goal line D never lets Bengals into end zone after that.  That's possible with our O line still in rebuilding mode. Now fans are are going wild because Mixon took a knee at the 1, and they would be right to be upset over that. 

So thank you for saying the idea of Mixon trying to not score would have been stupid.  :andy:  Football is not played for Green or Boyd to go out of bounds at the 1 on purpose or Mixon to take a knee at the 1 on purpose. When you get a chance to score touchdowns, you score touchdowns. Lets say Mixon takes a knee at the 1, and the next play is illegal procedure on O Line moving ball back 5 yards. You don't tell players not to score touchdowns, that would be real bad coaching idea. You could try this stuff in Madden Games, but not in real football.

Also Mixon has to be aggressive. He goes into end zone and Steelers have to lay off late hits. He stops at the 1 and Steelers on goal line can clobber him. We already have Bernard injured.

As to Dalton should have called plays slower, 2 things. Under 2 minutes and Bengals needed to drive the field for a TD, 3 would not have helped. Also Lazor has the offense in more hurry up than the last OC and the offense has been much better under Lazor. It could be Mixon scored because Lazor and Dalton caught the wrong D set on the field, and the faster snap was what helped score. When you are down more than 3 with under 2 minutes, you are lucky to get a TD against Steelers D. The TD is not what lost the game.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - kevin - 10-19-2018, 05:19 PM