Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Andy Dalton Question
(10-22-2018, 03:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You don't get to invent option C; simply choose between the 2 provided.

You're just making this up. You have 0 idea how Mahomes would do here. Marvin's only ever had 2 QBs in his tenure here. 

BTW, how would a coaching staff know how to use JR differently than we do. 

Sorry I thought you understood what I was saying.  I didn't mean for it to sound like I was inventing option C.

Just that knowing what we have in our coaching staff I wouldn't touch Mahomes with a ten foot pole.

Give me Andy and JR.  At least we know we can and will have some success with them over DeShaun Watson, I mean, Dak Prescott, no that's not it... Oh right, Patrick Mahomes.  Mahomes is the flavor of the season, it will be interesting to see if he can keep up the success or not.

I do know that Dalton can scramble around and make plays with his feet and he can also run for a first down, just like Mahomes BUT Marvin doesn't like his QBs to do stuff like that.  Mike as well.  The reason is that it is too easy for the QB to get hurt.  The question soon becomes "For how much longer....", some outliers are guys like Cam Newton, but even he slows down a LOT as the season progresses and many Panthers fans wonder when that next hit will be that last one, (I live very close to Charlotte BTW).

As a side, I think that the new rules are assisting some QBs a ton.  I have seen a few times our DLine having the QB dead to rights, only to slow up allowing the QB to either run right by them or "make a great throw under duress".  Maybe they are overthinking the tackle, not wanting to hurt the team by giving up a 15 yard penalty instead of a sack.  Almost like they think it better to allow the QB to throw the ball and hope it is incomplete.  Yes Mahomes would benefit greatly from this rule, something we didn't know would be implemented when he was drafted.

How JR should be used is not just as a speed guy streaking downfield, but also as an actual WR running his routes.  Get him moving around pre snap and basing the route on the coverage.  Hill is used like this and look at the success everyone else is having with him being moved around so much.  A lot of the reason Hill is so hard to keep up with is because he is already moving and running before the ball is snapped and the defender is trying to follow him.  JR could do similar and have good to great success.  The only real question mark is his durability.  Though our medical staff has me questioning some things sometimes. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Quick Andy Dalton Question - brian5562 - 10-22-2018, 09:49 AM
RE: Quick Andy Dalton Question - bfine32 - 10-22-2018, 03:17 PM
RE: Quick Andy Dalton Question - bfine32 - 10-22-2018, 03:31 PM
RE: Quick Andy Dalton Question - YsCascadia - 10-22-2018, 05:18 PM
RE: Quick Andy Dalton Question - HarleyDog - 10-22-2018, 04:47 PM
RE: Quick Andy Dalton Question - CJD - 10-22-2018, 11:24 AM
RE: Quick Andy Dalton Question - TKUHL - 10-22-2018, 03:21 PM
RE: Quick Andy Dalton Question - bfine32 - 10-22-2018, 03:22 PM
RE: Quick Andy Dalton Question - Millhouse - 10-22-2018, 05:09 PM