Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reid not a Bengal because he kneels.
(10-24-2018, 10:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: It is.....but so is starting a fight at the coin toss.  If you have an issue with someone, do your talking in private.  I'd have benched his ass right then. Then proceeds to get a PF later in the game with players that weren't even involved in his beef with Jenkins.  Noble cause or not, that's just dumb.  We have enough knuckleheads, don't need that shit.  I'm glad he didn't sign here, even though we could use his talents.

(I thought the deal was Jenkins' foundation profited somehow from the protest)

"That’s not to say Reid and Jenkins always saw eye-to-eye. While Reid, Kaepernick and dozens of other NFL players opted to kneel during the national anthem, Jenkins instead raised his fist in the air.

Reid took that as a sign Jenkins had the league’s best interests at heart, not the protesters’. When Jenkins asked the Players Coalition if it would consider ending its protests if the NFL donated money to causes important to coalition members, Reid hit his breaking point and left the group."

Reid comes off as an idiot here, I'm sorry.  Jenkins came to a compromise, and got money funneled into needy communities as a result.  Instead of just "making a statement", seems to me Jenkins literally put his money where his mouth is.

I'm not defending what Reid did, just adding information.  What Jenkins did was good, but if he did it with a promise to end protests without actually talking to the others that are kneeling I can understand why Reid would have an issue with that.  Not that he handled it correctly, but who knows what the exchange was on the field.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reid not a Bengal because he kneels. - GMDino - 10-24-2018, 10:57 AM