Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
surprise Bengals standing pat with their team instead of trying to improve
(10-31-2018, 02:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Chances Rob Havenstein actually makes it to FA? I'd have to bet it's pretty low given he's been really good and the Rams have Sullivan and Whitworth coming off their books (potentially) after 2019. But if he does, he'd be a great addition to the right side of the OL.

That would be HUGE.  I was pleased with the work they did this past offseason.  It's the whole reason my mood changed after the announcement that Marv was being brought back.  They essentially worked it where they got Glenn and Price with their 1st round pick.  There is two big checkmarks for the oline struggles.  Eifert was a gamble, but he was doing Eifert things before the inevitable. Contrary to what some think on here, Preston Brown was a solid signing, IMO.  Bobby Hart was a stop gap signing that had to be made.  They got Dunlap and Geno locked down.  Then there are the plethora of coaching changes, the biggest being trading in the piano for a 5 piece thrash metal setup.  Now that we're into the season, we see that Hubbard and Bates were GREAT picks as well.

Looking at all of that, about the only thing I can see that's worth complaining about was the retention of Marvin, and maybe a couple defensive coaches.  Austin is struggling too, obviously.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: surprise Bengals standing pat with their team instead of trying to improve - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-31-2018, 02:18 PM