Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting
(11-08-2018, 12:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Would be instantly struck down as unconstitutional (which it is), based on Heller alone.

See, you could stop most crime tomorrow by eliminating the 4th amendment restrictions on law enforcement.  As you say, the whole 2nd amendment "thing", rather puts a damper on the types of European or Australian type gun control that you're proposing.  I'd propose simply living your life as before as you're more likely to get struck by lightning than killed in this type of event.  

It's illegal to manufacture new fully automatic weapons for civilian use in the U.S., and this has been allowed to stand. What you find is there is a general societal acceptance of what is believed to be reasonably useful specs for a fire arm and what isn't. It was deemed there was no legitimate use for a civilian to need a fully automatic firearm. The same could be said for magazined weapons as well, it all comes to the societal feelings on such things at the time. The great things about society is they evolve to learn that sometimes stuff they used to do wasn't such a great idea.

By the way Heller stopped a hand gun ban. A revolver would still be a handgun and not fall under this ruling. It's restricting capacity and fire rate which other laws have successfully done.

You asked what I'd do this is what I'd do. You don't have to like it, but this is what I'd do.

Messages In This Thread
Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting - Au165 - 11-08-2018, 10:01 AM
RE: Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting - Au165 - 11-08-2018, 01:05 PM
RE: Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting - Dill - 11-09-2018, 04:09 PM
RE: Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting - Dill - 11-09-2018, 04:18 PM
RE: Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting - Dill - 11-09-2018, 04:16 PM
RE: Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting - Dill - 11-09-2018, 06:41 PM
RE: Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting - Dill - 11-10-2018, 12:48 AM