Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting
(11-09-2018, 01:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presser_v._Illinois

This would disagree with you.

Presser still attaches the right to bear arms to the condition of militia membership. It wasn't until Heller that the individual right to bear arms, independent of an organized militia, was recognized as a right. That case was just a decade ago, this year.

(11-09-2018, 01:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You also don't think anyone has a need to own a semi-automatic firearm.  I would consider that view to be rather extreme.  I will concur that the NRA can go too far, but I'll take an organization defending a constitutional right being overzealous at times to not zealous enough.

I don't think anyone needs one, but it doesn't mean I think they should be barred from owning one. Hardly an extremist view when the data would support my position based on the number of shots fired in the vast majority of civilian defensive situations or the number of rounds required for hunting.

(11-09-2018, 01:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You've mentioned NRATV several times, I've never watched it.  I do like Colion Noir and watch his stuff on YouTube.  I'll have to give it a watch to see why it has earned such contempt from you.

It can make Fox look like CNN.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting - Au165 - 11-08-2018, 10:01 AM
RE: Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting - Dill - 11-09-2018, 04:09 PM
RE: Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting - Dill - 11-09-2018, 04:18 PM
RE: Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting - Belsnickel - 11-09-2018, 02:26 PM
RE: Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting - Dill - 11-09-2018, 04:16 PM
RE: Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting - Dill - 11-09-2018, 06:41 PM
RE: Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting - Dill - 11-10-2018, 12:48 AM