Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen A Smith goes off on Marvin Lewis
I don’t know about you, but I would love to sit down and have a beer or two with Stephen A. Smith. He’s funny, he’s smart, he speaks his mind, and I admire that in any man who can do this whether I agree with him or not.

Right now I am not sure Stephen understands the dire straits in which we find the Cincinnati Bengals defense. It’s not just bad. It’s historically bad. However, on staff is already the coordinator who made a defense historically good, Marvin Lewis. Like it or not, Marvin is a known quantity in the world of defense. He runs a high pressure 4-3 with an aggressive secondary. I’m all for bringing in a new defensive coordinator for next season but right now we need somebody who knows the players as well as Marvin Lewis does.

Look, I feel for Marvin. He’s almost in a no-win situation. By making this move, Mike Brown has basically put Marvin on notice that the defense, indeed, the entire team is now totally his and his future depends on whether the Cincinnati Bengals sink or swim. Merely performing better than the defense Teryl Austin put on the field is not good enough either. Basically, Marvin has six short days to change the defensive culture in Cincinnati.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stephen A Smith goes off on Marvin Lewis - Fan_in_Kettering - 11-12-2018, 05:47 PM