Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen A Smith goes off on Marvin Lewis
(11-12-2018, 09:08 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Believe me, I don't underestimate the dependency Mike has on Marvin, so it wouldn't surprise me a bit were that to occur..  Hell, maybe Marvin's had one foot out the door more than once when Mikey turned on his irresistible charm.

Still, you can always say 'no thanks' and walk.  It's a job, not indentured servitude, though it probably seems like that at times.

We all realize that Mike is big on family, relationships, trust, and such.  Personally, I feel like he thinks of Marvin as extended family.  He's built that close relationship, built trust, allows controls and freedoms that he just couldn't bring himself to do with other HC's, Marvin is in the family. I feel like Mike is too old to even consider building that sort of relationship with another coach, and he's determined to ride or die with Marvin at the reins.  

I may be one of the few that honestly believe that Marvin tries to do his best.  I feel like getting back to his roots, hands on with the defense, we will see something good from him.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stephen A Smith goes off on Marvin Lewis - SunsetBengal - 11-12-2018, 09:14 PM