Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do we worry about minorities in this country?
(09-16-2015, 07:52 AM)GMDino Wrote: I mean if the majority want something shouldn't it just be that way?

I pose that question due to a comment (I know, never read the comment sections) in this story.  The story, btw, is awful.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/politics-columns-blogs/under-the-dome/article35211846.html#storylink=cpy

Now, ignoring everything that is wrong in that picture (Obama being Islamic, Israel doing anything about ISIS) and the fact that an elected officials believes this is good for the country to share it and to defend it, we have this wonderful comment which read along the lines that since Obama's approval rating is 20% (true?) more people agree with Speciale than disagree so why is everyone complaining.  (Now I can't find which site had the comment...sorry).

So should we care?

I mean if 80% of people polled think the President is Islamic why even argue...right?

This whole thing falls under the heading of just because someone says it doesn't make it true. It's all baseless rhetoric that, yes, some morons believe.

But it a percentage of Americans (and a high percentage it is) can't think for themselves do we just stop teaching? Some would suggest we already have, and the evidence for this position does exist.

Or, as someone said the other day, "No politician ever got elected overestimating the intelligence of the American people."
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do we worry about minorities in this country? - xxlt - 09-16-2015, 09:21 AM