Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Study on gay marriage views retracted after allegations of fake data
(05-25-2015, 04:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't recall any mod commenting in the mothership PR forum; snarky or otherwise. Please list the one(s) that posted snarkily in that forum that were not relieved of their duties.

No, folks snark in an attempt to belittle those you are having a discussion with.

Most of them stayed out of that particular forum, they were snarky in other places though. I just wasn't aware you were referring specifically to P&R since you didn't specify that.

And what was that you said about mind reading some other time? Yeah, nothing like a little pot and kettle. I use snark to inject humor, not to belittle anyone. But if you insist that it is always the case then you have engaged in it plenty.

If you have an issue with my moderating, feel free to say so and express your concerns to another staff member. I said from the beginning I would be giving a long leash, and that includes to myself. I haven't taken any moderator actions in here because no one has gone too far. I hold myself to the same standards as everyone else on this forum which isn't a strict adherence to the CoC because of the very nature of the discussions here.

But this is not really a discussion for this place. If you have complaints about my being a mod, go ahead and take them to another staff member, but stop the passive aggressive stuff and discuss the topics at hand.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Study on gay marriage views retracted after allegations of fake data - Belsnickel - 05-25-2015, 05:19 PM