Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have Hopes of a New Coach Coming In and Turning Us Around?
(11-30-2018, 02:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It may be possible, but I highly doubt any coach will win a championship with this current front office.

I actually agree with a conservative approach to free agency.  They cost a lot of money, and they often flop with the new team.  The only way to be a consistently good team in the NFL is to concentrate and build through the draft.  But if you do build a roster with enough talent to compete for a championship you have to step up in free agency and sign one or two top quality guys to fill the final holes.

You know Fred, when we talk about spending in free agency...many people point to the Redskins. I don't think anyone advocates signing the most expensive guy.

What we want is 2-3 Tier B guys for a few years at positions of need. Or...maybe keep Whitworth and Zeitler if external free agents aren't our thing.

As far as the draft, teams that want to draft well generally have a large scouting department.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have Hopes of a New Coach Coming In and Turning Us Around? - THE PISTONS - 11-30-2018, 02:22 PM