Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Kid Arrested For Making A.......Clock?
(09-17-2015, 01:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Come on man..... This is way over the top.

How so?

(09-17-2015, 01:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: this is what you get with no tolerance policies.

I agree, to an extent. This is what you get when zero tolerance policies are applied based upon someone's name, how they look, and/or their religion. We will probably never know how this would have turned out if he had done this and was a white Christian names Johnathan McHenry or something, but I doubt it would have been the same reaction.

(09-17-2015, 01:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And he should know why this happened. if he is that bothered then he can leave public school.

Plenty of options.

I'm not really sure what this has to do with anything I said, but whatever. He is transferring out of that school, and I don't blame him. But the kind of damage this sort of an event can cause has already been done. We just have to hope that there is more positive that comes from this than the negative.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kid Arrested For Making A.......Clock? - Belsnickel - 09-17-2015, 04:33 PM