Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Kid Arrested For Making A.......Clock?
(09-16-2015, 03:25 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: If Obama had a son, he'd look just like Ahmed

And be Muslim just like Ahmed.
(09-16-2015, 06:25 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Like the Boy Scout who made a reactor ?

What was this now?

(09-16-2015, 07:02 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Such a well thought out and eloquent response...

That was more effort than his response was worth.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-16-2015, 07:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: What was this now?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hahn
(09-16-2015, 07:23 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hahn

Well, one was a harmless engineering project, the other was just plain stupid. Wow, can't believe I never heard about that one.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-16-2015, 07:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, one was a harmless engineering project, the other was just plain stupid. Wow, can't believe I never heard about that one.

I only knew about it from an ex-girlfriend that is a Nuclear Engineer/Physicist.
Lets see we have had students suspended for biting a pop-tart into the shape of a gun, folding fingers into the shape of a gun...suspended and forced to seek psychiatric counseling for drawing a crucifix...a deaf preschooler being forced to change his name because the sign language he uses resembles a gun. Student suspended for saying "Bless You" after a classmate sneezed, a student suspended for drawing this bomb:

[Image: bomb.jpg]

So please spare these lame white guilt threads.

Poor poor Ahmed...now psychosocially damaged for the rest of his life.
Unfortunate poor Ahmed ended up in Texas, when he could have had the opportunity to join ISIS had his parents stayed where they came from.
(09-16-2015, 07:53 PM)Blutarsky Wrote: Lets see we have had students suspended for biting a pop-tart into the shape of a gun, folding fingers into the shape of a gun...suspended and forced to seek psychiatric counseling for drawing a crucifix...a deaf preschooler being forced to change his name because the sign language he uses resembles a gun. Student suspended for saying "Bless You" after a classmate sneezed, a student suspended for drawing this bomb:

Unfortunate poor Ahmed ended up in Texas, when he could have had the opportunity to join ISIS had his parents stayed where they came from.

Some pretty simple logic applied to these events would show you the differences between them, not to mention many people here disagreed with the reactions to those events by the schools, at least those brought up previously.

(09-16-2015, 07:53 PM)Blutarsky Wrote: Lets see we have had students suspended for biting a pop-tart into the shape of a gun, folding fingers into the shape of a gun...suspended and forced to seek psychiatric counseling for drawing a crucifix...a deaf preschooler being forced to change his name because the sign language he uses resembles a gun. Student suspended for saying "Bless You" after a classmate sneezed, a student suspended for drawing this bomb:

His father is from Sudan which is located in Africa.  ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) is located in Southwest Asia.  Two different continents.

It's people like you dragging down our curve compared to the rest of the world. Sad

Thanks.  Thanks a lot.
(09-16-2015, 07:03 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Brownies > Cupcakes 

Bro.

Don't push me.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-16-2015, 08:46 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Bro.

Don't push me.

Hot fudge brownie sundae 

*drops mic
I once brought a 6 foot tall trebuchet that I made to school. The school could have been under siege. Fortunately, I wasn't arrested. I did get some extra credit in physics, though...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-16-2015, 10:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I once brought a 6 foot tall trebuchet that I made to school. The school could have been under siege. Fortunately, I wasn't arrested. I did get some extra credit in physics, though...

We made trebuchets at Scout camp one year. When it was just us staff at the camp we would besiege the campsites. Only one person went to the hospital, so I call it a success.

So what if he did bring a bomb to school? I thought weapon-free zones were the most vulnerable of all places? He could have said "I brought a bomb to school just in case I have to blow up any bad guys who show up with bombs!"

Oh wait, this kid isn't white.
(09-16-2015, 11:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So what if he did bring a bomb to school?  I thought weapon-free zones were the most vulnerable of all places?  He could have said "I brought a bomb to school just in case I have to blow up any bad guys who show up with bombs!"

Oh wait, this kid isn't white.

Whats amazing is even IF the teachers were even slightly right:

1) No bomb squad was called.
2) The student showed it to the teachers on his own, didn't try to sneak it in.
3) Every time he was asked he told the truth and said it was a clock.
4) After an hour plus of interrogation (without a parent or lawyer present) they charged him with bringing a "mock bomb" to school!

The ONLY ones who thought it was a bomb were the adults!  He never said it was a bomb, he wasn't pretending it was a bomb.

So frustrating that this kid had to go through all of that because a bunch of adults are so afraid.

Maybe the terrorists did win.

At least in Texas.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
http://makezine.com/2015/09/16/this-is-ahmed-mohameds-clock/
(09-17-2015, 12:09 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: http://makezine.com/2015/09/16/this-is-ahmed-mohameds-clock/

What I find most interesting is that he apparently didn't "make" anything.
He basically took parts from a digital clock and rearranged them in a case.

Also, this seems more a problem with the zero tolerance policies than anything. 
This is why I yawn when Texas threatens to secede.
(09-16-2015, 05:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: What frustrates me about situations like this is that this kid could have grown up, and likely still will, to be an engineer or a scientist helping to develop great things for our country and potentially the world. But incidents like this are what drive people down the path of disdain for our country. He will always remember the way he was treated on this day, it will forever be in his memory. Hopefully he will receive enough of a positive response that this event will not be a black mark in his memory

Come on man..... This is way over the top.

this is what you get with no tolerance policies.

And he should know why this happened. if he is that bothered then he can leave public school.

Plenty of options.
Ah Texas. Handcuff a muslim kid for making a clock that looks like the bombs we see on 24 and shed a tear of pride when you see a 7 year old white kid with an assault rifle.
The big problem was that he refused to tell them if they should cut the red wire or the blue wire to make it stop working.