Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Kid Arrested For Making A.......Clock?
(09-21-2015, 06:36 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes let's take away all the classes except the basic 5.   Just drop the no tolerance policies.   If something happens then so be it.    You can not play minority report and pre crime everything.

There is more evidence that the "no tolerance" in this case is less about things that look like bombs and more about no tolerance for the rights of Muslims, or even the notion of entertaining the idea that everything they do might not be to cause murder and mayhem. 

Something tells me that's not a policy you'd want to relax.  Again, I'd bet my left nut white kids brought things some dope teacher with no background in engineering could convince herself was a bomb.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Moral is dont bring in anything to school that resembles something that can kill people, especially if you have a middle eastern name and look.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(09-21-2015, 10:17 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Moral is dont bring in anything to school that resembles something that can kill people, especially if you have a middle eastern name and look.

Exactly a kid got suspended for a Pop eaten in the shape of a gun.
This was all just a stunt anyway. Clock boy's dad is an activist. Running for president of Sudan.
(09-21-2015, 01:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: There is more evidence that the "no tolerance" in this case is less about things that look like bombs and more about no tolerance for the rights of Muslims, or even the notion of entertaining the idea that everything they do might not be to cause murder and mayhem. 

Something tells me that's not a policy you'd want to relax.  Again, I'd bet my left nut white kids brought things some dope teacher with no background in engineering could convince herself was a bomb.

White kid suspended for Pop tart gun.
(09-21-2015, 10:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This was all just a stunt anyway.  Clock boy's dad is an activist.   Running for president of Sudan.

Hah..But I almost want to bet that the FBI, NSA, CIA, ETC did a little looking into it, just to be sure. Almost like a start of a new 24. They find that one link to some foreign bank account to some terrorist and Jack Bauer kicks ass again.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(09-21-2015, 10:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This was all just a stunt anyway.  Clock boy's dad is an activist.   Running for president of Sudan.

Is that why Ron Paul's' son got arrested for DUI?  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-21-2015, 10:17 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Moral is dont bring in anything to school that resembles something that can kill people, especially if you have a middle eastern name and look.

It was for engineering class.  Do you know what happens in engineering class?  You learn to make crap from wires and other bomb-looking stuff.  It was a legit school project.  A school with an engineering class needs to warn teachers that kids may bring things that a non-engineer might find scary.  Geez.
(09-21-2015, 10:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: White kid suspended for Pop tart gun.

Makes sense since white people are always the ones going on shooting sprees!  Look how profiling works!

But seriously, my issue is that a school with a sanctioned class based around making homemade electronic stuff follows up by going ape when a kid has the nerve to make a project for class. He didn't just bring this clockbomb for fun, it was part of his class. I would just assume a school that teaches engineering wouldn't go ape when kids show up with engineering projects.
(09-22-2015, 01:34 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Makes sense since white people are always the ones going on shooting sprees!  Look how profiling works!

But seriously, my issue is that a school with a sanctioned class based around making homemade electronic stuff follows up by going ape when a kid has the nerve to make a project for class.  He didn't just bring this clockbomb for fun, it was part of his class.  I would just assume a school that teaches engineering wouldn't go ape when kids show up with engineering projects.

Can you show me any information that validates that this was for an assigned engineering project ?
If there was no project assigned, then there was absolutely no reason to have that rig on school grounds.

Second....you know this just a dismantled alarm clock in a pencil case, right ?
Is it an engineering feat to glue it in there ?

The more I read of it, the more I believe the kid and parents got exactly what they wanted.
(09-22-2015, 01:53 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Can you show me any information that validates that this was for an assigned engineering project ?
If there was no project assigned, then there was absolutely no reason to have that rig on school grounds.

Second....you know this just a dismantled alarm clock in a pencil case, right ?
Is it an engineering feat to glue it in there ?

The more I read of it, the more I believe the kid and parents got exactly what they wanted.

I think it's more logical that some teacher overreacted because she watches too much TV, but I guess it could be some convoluted plot and the school just happened to fall right in line, sure.
(09-21-2015, 06:36 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes let's take away all the classes except the basic 5.   

-Fishing
-Lawn Care
-Cotton Gin Maintenance 
-Theology
-Women's Studies (no, not the liberal one, the one that teaches you how to be a proper lady)
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-22-2015, 06:35 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: -Fishing
-Lawn Care
-Cotton Gin Maintenance 
-Theology
-Women's Studies (no, not the liberal one, the one that teaches you how to be a proper lady)

Can't have a Muslim carrying a cotton gin because if I squint hard enough I can convince myself it's a bomb.  Also, those Boston Marathon bombers made bombs out of crock pots so every time I see a Muslim near a kitchen or an appliance section of a store I have to pull an alarm.  Oh, what a world!
(09-22-2015, 03:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think it's more logical that some teacher overreacted because she watches too much TV, but I guess it could be some convoluted plot and the school just happened to fall right in line, sure.

White people are predictable.
Ninja
Yeah... I know.... Conservative Tribune, but.....

http://conservativetribune.com/mayor-bomb-clock-kid-town/
(09-26-2015, 07:19 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Yeah... I know.... Conservative Tribune, but.....

http://conservativetribune.com/mayor-bomb-clock-kid-town/

Yeah, the family definitely milked it. I don't focus much on the arrest because what the procedures are, what was said, no idea. I do think, however, that a white kid with the same device would not have caused the same fuss.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-26-2015, 08:04 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, the family definitely milked it. I don't focus much on the arrest because what the procedures are, what was said, no idea. I do think, however, that a white kid with the same device would not have caused the same fuss.

I do agree.
It has been said that this family has had attitude problems.
However, it is possible that their attitude is caused by poor treatment from the community.
I don't live there, so I don't know.
About that clock.

Former FBI agent says the school system acted properly...so you all can tone down your inane Islamophobe rhetoric.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/09/425062-stories-blowing-ahmeds-alarm-clock-heres-former-fbi-agent-told-us/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=owned&utm_campaign=morning-newsletter

And if the FBI agent doesn't do it for you then theres always your go to guy for the news and current events..Bill Maher.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/college-kids-shown-image-of-ahmeds-clock/

It's been only white kids that have shot up schools, so don't be so naïve as to think a white kid wouldn't have been treated in the same manner.
The only difference is that you would have been OK with it, and he would have never received an invite to the White House by Obamao.
(09-27-2015, 09:00 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: About that clock.

Former FBI agent says the school system acted properly...so you all can tone down your inane Islamophobe rhetoric.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/09/425062-stories-blowing-ahmeds-alarm-clock-heres-former-fbi-agent-told-us/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=owned&utm_campaign=morning-newsletter

And if the FBI agent doesn't do it for you then theres always your go to guy for the news and current events..Bill Maher.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/college-kids-shown-image-of-ahmeds-clock/

It's been only white kids that have shot up schools, so don't be so naïve as to think a white kid wouldn't have been treated in the same manner.
The only difference is that you would have been OK with it, and he would have never received an invite to the White House by Obamao.

From your link:

Quote:I do believe that he should have been detained and if he did not answer questions properly and openly, arrested.

How many times can you say "its a clock...not a bomb.  I am an honor student at this school in a class where we build things"?  Apparently for over an hour...without a parent being notified or being allowed to contact anyone.

They never evacuated the school...they did nothing to act like they thought it was a danger.  EXCEPT to take a kid into a room and interrogate him.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-22-2015, 01:53 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: The more I read of it, the more I believe the kid and parents got exactly what they wanted.

Why did he show it to his engineering teacher?

How does that play into their evil plot?

The more of your posts I read the more I believe that you are biased against Muslims.  Do you blame women who wear sexy clothes if they get raped?