Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Study on gay marriage views retracted after allegations of fake data
(05-25-2015, 06:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you think it was silly to suggest that if Homosexuality was considered a mental illness that we must include everything that has been labeled deviant behavior in the past?

Well no one ever suggested this. I saw someone say "unless the definition changed" to once again include deviant behaviors into the category of mental illnesses.

I have to admit, when I saw that, I did think of that long list that Dino posted about all the things we once considered grounds for admitting people into asylums. The days when we lobotomies were a legitimate science and used to treat homosexuality.

With regards to your question, I would have to question why homosexuality was the only deviant behavior being considered a mental illness. That seems quite odd. It's not silly to then suggest that if homosexuality was added that all other deviant behaviors would also be added.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Study on gay marriage views retracted after allegations of fake data - BmorePat87 - 05-25-2015, 06:45 PM