Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Network Says Marvin Will Be Fired!
(12-03-2018, 02:15 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: If we are to fire Marvin Lewis or void his contract if it's a team option, then the question becomes what to do with the coaching staff.

If they go to Hue Jackson the feeling I get is that basically the fans are done and have no plan of ever showing up again.

They won't be able to give tickets away at that point.

I've yet to hear a positive response from a Bengals fan on Hue as anything more than a WR coach or from a few as OC.

Basically they feel it would be like hiring Dave Shula after knowing how he did as HC.

I know it'll be strange and I'm not sure how everyone would feel about this, but here is what I would do.

I would move Alex Van Pelt to OC. You know why Mike McCarthy is available? He upset Aaron Rogers! Why? Because he got rid of his guy Alex Van Pelt.

Knowing that he'll be the next head coach if he shows he can handle the OC job.

We would need a stop gap HC, I don't how people would feel about this.

I would get on the phone, as of right now and hire Sam Wyche for a 4 year contract, with a five year option for the team.

He's 73 right now and that would make him 77-78 when his contract ended. Give him a 3 year contract with him if that's more desirable for him because of age.

Call Boomer Esiason, get this offense together and have them work together. Have Andy running this high tempo offense with Boomer and Sam this offseason.

Boomer is maybe one of the smartest QB's ever, he ran a Peyton Manning style offense before Peyton Manning.

I guarantee our offense would be high flying and extremely fun to watch next year.

Who lets these guys in?

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Network Says Marvin Will Be Fired! - The Real Deal - 12-03-2018, 10:17 AM