Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food Stamps Put Poor Kids on Path to Success
(12-07-2018, 12:42 PM)Benton Wrote: That's my biggest issue. Back a million years ago when I worked in a grocery, it would drive me crazy when peeople would come in and buy a bunch on junk with the stamps. Not too long ago a gas station put up a big banner saying "now accepting ebt." No idea what you can get there as it's all some, candy bars, and beef jerky.

Everything. You can even get Malts at UDF. It is pretty lenient on what you can buy. I'm all for the program, but I had a close family member who got them when she first had a child and I was shocked at the number of places that accepted them.

On a side note, maybe going to the card made it less embarrassing and easier to stay on them. I remember when they had to be torn off a paper booklet. Now it just looks like you are paying with a cc and people don't really notice.

Moms used to buy them from people wanting to use the money for cigs (and Lord knows what else). It was a good move as she'd get $50 worth for $30. I remember being embarrassed when she whipped them out her purse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22

Messages In This Thread
RE: Food Stamps Put Poor Kids on Path to Success - jj22 - 12-07-2018, 12:59 PM