Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food Stamps Put Poor Kids on Path to Success
(12-07-2018, 12:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well it's a "more bang for your buck" thing isn't it?

You can buy more cheap stuff with lots of calories than the stuff that's good for you but costs more so you get less of it.

That aside I  find it interesting that when Michelle Obama suggested school lunches be healthier she was vilified for doing parents jobs, trying to tell people how to eat, etc.  but that people keep talking about how people who get food stamps should be forced to by healthy foods only.

Odd dichotomy to me.

You need more than just calories though. You can get 2000 calories a day by chugging soda, which has no nutritional value.

(12-07-2018, 12:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I remember as a kid, my mom returning from the store and telling my father the story of the lady in front of her trying to purchase cat food with Food Stamps. The clerk told her animal food did not qualify, so she returned it and said the cat likes Tuna better away.

WTS, I totally support providing aid for those that need it, but as I said guidelines about content of purchase should be established.

I think most people are fine with guidelines. But we never hear politicians talk about reforming, just trying to expand or end.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Food Stamps Put Poor Kids on Path to Success - Benton - 12-07-2018, 01:23 PM