Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things you dislike about the NFL
(12-10-2018, 01:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Whoo boy.

1. Roger Goodell/NFL owners - Goodell has really made the NFL feel like WWE at times. Telling fans to bring on the boo's was clown show stuff.
2. The over-emphasis on offense has cheapened the game. Mahomes is awesome, but would he be throwing for 5000 yards and 50 TD's 10 years ago?
3. Politics (this seems to be dying down, thankfully)
4. The NFL seems to have more "grey area" rules than any other sport. Rules that can conveniently be interpreted any way the ref decides.
5. The parody myth. I don't feel like looking it up again, but something like 7 teams (Packers, Patriots, Steelers, Giants, Cowboys, Broncos, 49ers) have won over half of all Super Bowls. While many teams (around 8-10) haven't won even 1.

I could go on, but those are the 5 that jump out to me.

This right here. This is how they influence games. This is what is ruining the NFL. 

We all know our history with the Steelers and the Refs is legendary. Now it has migrated to every other team that plays us. Im wondering if the other owners and the commissioner  hate Mike Brown that bad.

Having said that, no one gets hosed as bad as people that play the Cowboys. I only watched a little bit of that game against the Eagles yesterday but they were clearly making sure that Jerry world gets in the playoffs. Its sickening and its going to turn me off entirely one of these days. The refs in NFL serve the same function as the non salary cap in MLB making sure that the big markets and the favorite teams get in. Im not saying you cant over come it and win but it takes a creative owner and creative coaching and some luck and good drafting. We have none of those.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things you dislike about the NFL - bengalhoel - 12-10-2018, 02:10 PM
RE: Things you dislike about the NFL - McC - 12-11-2018, 09:27 PM
RE: Things you dislike about the NFL - J24 - 12-11-2018, 12:07 AM