Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NK announces Closure Of Nuclear Test Site, Suspending Missile Tests
(12-10-2018, 08:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't cast them as victims; as I'm sure they are happy. I simply don't look down my nose as them from behind my keyboard and consider myself their intellectual superior.

I do recall many folks stating the meeting would never happen, because "that's not the way it's done".

I was one in favor of open dialog and I hope there's more of it. Not for our sake, but for the sake of the NK population.
So who does simply look down their nose at people who consider themselves intellectually superior to Trump critics? And why do they merit your protection?

What would "never happen"? Are you referring to the summit engineered by the South Korean President?
I remember people saying "that's not the way it's done" when Trump announced a summit with no prep, no U.S. ambassador to NK, and no conditions for a meeting.  Apparently they were right, since all the advantage has accrued to NK since then. 

Of course you are in favor of open dialogue. You're a good person, not a troll. And as I suggest above, via the Atlantic article, the positive take away from the summit was that war talk stopped for months.  Looks like that is breaking down now. By next summer we might be back to threats, and a weak or non-existent sanctions program.

The ability of the US to impose sanctions on NK will depend in great part on how it manages the fallout from the broken Iran Deal. (Canada's recent detention of the Huawei excutive indicates how complicated that will be.  Unforced errors in foreign policy have great consequences.)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: NK announces Closure Of Nuclear Test Site, Suspending Missile Tests - Dill - 12-11-2018, 12:53 AM