Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
(12-18-2018, 12:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: TDs should still count in the evaluation of deep passes.  It may be that a defense is willing to give up a deep pass as long as it is not a td.  Or a pass that hits a receiver in stride allowing him to score is better than one the player has to dive for and can not score.

You scream bloody murder over a QB getting an extra 30% increase in passer rating for throwing a deep td instead of a deep non-td, but you don't have any problem at all with a QB getting a 300% increase on a 16 yard completion based on subjective BS like how close a defender was or if a receiver had to move his hand 6 inches to catch it instead of 10 inches.

That is ridiculous.

I don't like the qb rating because its off 10 times more than it should be. 

On a 50 yard throw for a TD and a 50 yard throw to the one yard line you get

158 to 118 ratings.  30% difference in ratings. 
7 - 6.8              3% difference in points produced. 
30% / 3% is a 10 times difference. 

Way to only talk about the 30% part and intentionally ignore the other part about the points produced from the throw 3%.

300% compared to what. Should it be 100% ? If so its only off by 3 fold .

If this is true this makes the brickwallblitzs formula more accurate than the qb rating . Keep manipulating the data and try again.  
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread