Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season by Season breakdown of ML vs. Playoff Teams
(12-21-2018, 02:42 PM)Destro Wrote: I have watched every Bengals playoff loss and had my heart ripped out every time.  This team lost these games completely. Has Dalton been bad? Yes. But so has the entire team. The O-line would be bad, the defense as a unit, run game, turnovers, bad penalties, etc. this TEAM folds in the limelight. ( Giving a pass for the Palmer injury ).  We cannot do one thing well without doing two things bad right after.

One step forward and two steps back.

(12-21-2018, 03:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Which is the sole reason I have issues blaming the players......and we had the lead against Pitt in that '05 playoff game at the half.

Good work BF74.....really eye opening when you see it in black and white.  

Yes it is, gives it a ...... perspective, bad one.

(12-21-2018, 03:10 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I think except for the 2013 playoff loss, a lot of it can go on Marvin and quite a few players as well **cough cough Jeremy Hill fumble**.

I say except for the 2013 loss though because the Bengals had a 10-7 lead at halftime. Although it could have been more of a lead, Bengals were very much in it. But then Dalton had 3 consecutive turnovers in the second half as he spearheaded the spiral downward in that game. If there is one playoff loss to put on Dalton more than anyone else, it is that one. (key word there is more)

Sand wedge beat me to it but, the implosion started with the Gio fumble right before halftime. We played our best 25 or so minutes of playoff football up to that moment. Not taking up for Dalton in the second half at all, he stunk !

But you could see the tone change from that fumble forward. Another example of ML led teams imploding at the first sign of adversity.

(12-21-2018, 03:20 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Let me say this first, Dalton did stink in the 2nd half. That out of the way, a Gio fumble down inside the 10 yd line and AJ's drop of a TD didn't help. SD's defense was suppose to be horrific against the run and we couldn't run the ball and our D which could stop the run couldn't that day. What I am getting at is this, we lost out on 2 TDs and we could have just played smash mouth the 2nd half. It didn't workout that way, so we ended up playing catch up in the 2nd half and Dalton wasn't good. 

Yep
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Season by Season breakdown of ML vs. Playoff Teams - bengalfan74 - 12-21-2018, 04:19 PM