Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AB InBev looking to take over SAB Miller
(09-18-2015, 05:05 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I got so mad one time when I went to a bar having a special on domestic drafts here (this was 8 or 9 years ago) for a dollar a glass. I ordered a Killian's, knowing they had it on tap and it was the least objectionable. They told me they considered it an import. I ended up getting my beer for cheap when I promptly pointed out it was brewed less than 10 miles away and I didn't see how much more domestic it could get.

Domestic v. import and the concept of craft beer in this country is a confusing topic for some people.

Yeah we have a 3 tier system domestic, mids, and craft.  The craft includes our imports as well but you are correct that many beers that are brewed and distributed domestically are considered craft beers.  Heck many places consider Blue Moon to be craft, and it's produced by Miller.  When people refer to "domestic" they're usually referring to Bud Light, Bud, Coors, Miller, and my bar considers Yeungling Domestic as well.  Instead of saying "craft" or "imports", I just refer to them as premium beers.  Although our beer list is sectioned off as "domestics", "Imports", and "Local".  You're right though it can be confusing at times.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AB InBev looking to take over SAB Miller - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 09-20-2015, 02:51 AM