Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again!
(12-24-2018, 10:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: So, it appears that the speculation 'holic posted earlier is true.  Son of Paul is letting Mediocre Merv dictate when it's time to hang up the headset.  My God......how in the hell can one man be so inept and clueless about running a football team? Seriously Mikey?

https://thebiglead.com/2018/12/23/cincinatti-bengals-marvin-lewis-decide-when-he-wants-to-stop-coaching/

It's absolutely insane.

Last year, it was speculated that is was Marvin who was putting out the rumors that he may not re-sign. It was also reported that he was wanting more input in some places, although he already had quite a bit and always has. Marvin denied those reports. 

Mike, instead of just using the opportunity of Marvin's contract being up to move on from him without owing him a penny, just sit around and waited on Marvin to decide what he wanted to do and eventually they came together on the new deal.

This seems to be sort of a repeat. It's being speculated again that Marvin is the one putting out the notion that he'll decide his future after the season ends. And once again, even after 3 straight losing seasons and being swept by the Browns, Mike will just sit there and wait on Marvin to decide what he wants to do...which I'm sure is to return for a 17th season.

The mere fact that Mike is letting the head coach decide his own fate is beyond embarrassing as a fan of this franchise. The owner is too lazy, too incompetent, too comfortable and too disinterested in results to get off his complacent ass to make what should be an extremely easy decision...to fire a head coach that hasn't won a single playoff game and is just 19-27-1 over the last 3 seasons.

I would love to see Mike prove everyone wrong; show that he has the balls to finally do the right thing and more importantly, show the fan base that he actually gives at least minimal shits about winning and doing whatever is necessary to make that happen. Unfortunately though, I'm sure it'll just be more of the same...taking the route that requires the least amount of effort on his part.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - Bengalholic - 12-24-2018, 02:05 PM