Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again!
(12-24-2018, 02:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think a case could be made that he should've been fired after 2008, when he was 46-49-1 and had only 1 winning season in 6 years. 

A case could definitely have been made for moving on after 2010 when his contract expired and he was 60-67-1 and 0-2 in the playoffs.

The embarrassing meltdowns to the Chargers in '13 and Steelers in '15 would've also been very reasonable times to move on from Marvin.

Last year, his contract was up again, and it was a perfect opportunity to part ways, especially after back to back losing seasons.

Mike just can't bring himself to part with Marvin and Marvin won't walk away...so we're left with the most absurd and strange owner-coach relationship in the NFL and probably all of sports. Just downright weird and pathetic.

Well the biggest thing about Mike is he is a idiot  and he has no idea what he is doing. I think he holds on to Marvin because Marvin is the only guy who has had any sense of success under him.  So he is definitely afraid of what will happen after Marvin goes.

From  Marvin point of view  he knows how stupid Mike is and he doesn't want to leave his team with Mike being in total control again. Marvin knows there is know chance this team can win with Mike running the show again and that's what might happen if Marvin chooses to leave.

With all that being said this franchise needs a new direction, new energy, and a new face.  Hopefully the family cancconvince Mike to step down. Let Duke run the football part of the team as GM and let him hire a new coach. Get  an actual front office with more scouts and get a deal for a new practice facility.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - J24 - 12-24-2018, 03:29 PM