Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again!
(12-24-2018, 03:18 PM)McC Wrote: Is this their bone headed way of trying to leave town?  Because they have defied all logic in such a way that a reasonable mind can't help thinking something else has to be going on.   When no part of what you see makes sense, you have to wonder what the unseen thing is.

Honestly brother, I don't think it's anything that nefarious. I just think that both Mike and Marvin are EXTREMELY comfortable and complacent. Mike never has to go through a head coaching search process and is more than fine with being competitive now and then. Marvin never has to look for another job and he will never be held accountable when he fails. That's a lot of security.

Think about it - Marvin has been a free agent coach twice since the Bengals first hired him...once after 8 years, once after 15 years. How many teams made him actual offers each of those times? HC offers, DC offers, front office offers? I can't remember a single one. The only team that offered him anything was the Bengals. Marvin had nothing to leverage except that he might not return, but there wasn't anything else on the table that we know of. So, Mike just has to wait for Marvin to come crawling back home again...and Marvin seems perfectly fine with that.

I've talked a lot over the years about Mike's lack of drive and passion, but I can't help but to question Marvin's as well. You would think there would be a big part of him, pure ego if nothing else, that say's he could be a much better coach and have a better chance of winning if he was with a team that had a competent owner, a real GM and an actual desire to be more than just mediocre.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - Bengalholic - 12-24-2018, 03:38 PM