Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again!
(12-24-2018, 07:36 PM)samhain Wrote: If Mike allows this to happen, he's not just giving his fanbase (what remains of it, anyway) a middle finger.  He's curb stomping it, tying it up with rope and duct tape, throwing it in a burlap sack, and tossing it in the river with a cinder block tied around it's ankles.  There will be zero casual fans left in this city. There will be more season ticket holders throwing in the towel.  Seeing the empty seats in PBS during the 2019 season will be the embarrassment of all embarrassments for this franchise, and that's saying something given the history.

Even the diehards will get tired of our yearly two Pittsburgh butt-kickings coupled with having to watch Baker Mayfield wiping his butt with our garbage staff's blank stares as he kicks our tails up and down the field on a regular basis.  

It's one thing to get attached to a team and support it through decades of embarrassment and bad times.  There's something to be said for sticking to the hand your dealt by birth and loyalty as opposed to hopping on a bandwagon elsewhere.  When, however, the owner of said franchise basically tells you he not only doesn't care about expanding his fanbase, but that the current fans can piss off, too, then maybe it's time to let that franchise die a natural death or plague another god-forsaken city.

It's pretty obvious he doesn't care about the fans.  It's time the fans stopped caring about him or his lousy 'product.'  The only reason I came back to the forum after I said I was done with the team last year was because I missed you guys.  I will always love what the Bengals were when I was a kid in the 70s and 80s.  But that is not what they are now and frankly what they are now is not worth wasting time on.

I'll still hang around here from time to time, but until there are major changes in the organization I am not wasting anything on the team itself.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - Earendil - 12-27-2018, 03:47 PM