Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron
(12-31-2018, 08:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: Packers are a much better organization. Cardinals have been in a bit of a tail spin with questions around their GM who was reprimanded for off field incidents.

There options right now are Cardinals for one and no one for the other. Again, I said this level candidate was in play. Guys who are young unproven and a bit of no names. I said guys like binemy and McDaniels were out of our grasp as they’d have 5 or 6 offers. Someone will take our job, but again there is a huge jump between Rams position guys and McDaniels.

Yea I’d love to hear the whole Tebow story some day in terms of who really drove that decision.

Elway was very bi-polar when it came to Tebow, but here's a quote after McDaniels was canned and they were searching for a HC:

"We had personnel meetings this morning with everybody -- with the whole staff -- and got through that and obviously we talked a lot about Tim. I have asked everybody if they had a chance to do the deal over that the Broncos did last year to get Tim (whether they would do it again) and they all said, 'Yes.' I think that he has been everything that everybody expected him to be as far as a person, a man, a leader, and what everybody heard about him -- his intangibles ... I don't think a coach is going to (not want to coach Tebow), to be dead honest with you. Everyone is aware of what Tim Tebow is about and so I think that there is still a question -- obviously you have guys way over here that say there is no way, you have guys over here that think (otherwise) -- there are really not a lot of guys in the middle, but I think that anybody that comes in here and is going to be around Tim Tebow is going to understand that this guy is something special as a man and a person, willing to work with him to give him that opportunity to be the player that he wants. So, I don't believe that anyone is going to come over and say, 'I don't want Tim Tebow.' If they do, then maybe they are not the right guy for the job."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Bengalholic - 12-31-2018, 08:17 PM
Bengals interviewing Vance Joseph - bjf123 - 01-01-2019, 10:45 PM