Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron
(01-01-2019, 12:36 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Really, and why not?  Work for an egotistical person in Elway or and old timer in MB?  Both have flaws so look at the roster.

QB - Nothing vs. proven vet in Dalton
WR/TE - I'll take what the Bengals have in Green, Boyd, Eifert (although Eifert is a ?)
RB - Lindsay vs Mixon.  Based on Linday's year I'll say it's a wash but I'll take Mixon any day - he did lead the AFC and missed 2 games
OL - Denver wins
DL - Denver wins
LB - Denver wins

CB/Safety - probably a wash

All things considered I'd say it's pretty even.  If I was a young offense coach I'd want an experienced QB to start my career.

Get a good DC to help the defense and you actually have a pretty good shot out of the gate.

Plus, lord knows ownership is patient with coaches in Cincy.  In Denver you could be out after 2 years like Joseph.  Not good for a younger person who likely is raising a family and needs a stable environment.

Just sayin....

Just based on the bolded, I would decidedly call it a win for Denver.  Finding a QB is one thing, but having to pretty much rebuild entire key, fundamental position groups is a larger undertaking.  Something that likely won't be achieved in just one offseason.

I realize that a roster can be completely turned over in a short period of time, ala Jacksonville.  But, I also find it ironic that as fast as Jax rose to become a force, they fell to even worse than they were before the changes this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - SunsetBengal - 01-01-2019, 01:17 PM
Bengals interviewing Vance Joseph - bjf123 - 01-01-2019, 10:45 PM