Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron
Hey I'm glad we're interviewing these young offensive minds and trying to catch some of that McVay surf, but call me old-fashioned/conservative, I'd just really love for the team to hire a true alpha-dog coach, the anti-Marvin.

That Pittsburgh playoff meltdown was an indictment of our whole team culture. Inmates running the asylum, a train wreck in slow motion. I have never felt more embarrassed as a fan watching meathead supreme Mike Munchak and dumbo henchman Joey Porter troll our players into losing the game. If we had had a coach that truly has control over his lockerroom, I don't think that happens. Burfict and Jones were ticking time bombs and they went off at the worst possible time.

Moreover, the North is a tough, physical division that is usually won in cold-weather games down the stretch. I'd like to have a coach who can exert his will to get the defense and the line play up to a really high level. We've been soft/pushovers for too long and it would be so satisfying to see this team become the most physical and tenacious team in the division.

Not sure who would fit the bill among the current crop of candidates, but I did think about Dan Campbell and Jack Del Rio. I think either of them would have gotten in Munchak's face after the game and at the very least had some real choice words for him. I don't know if Bienemy is kind of a fiery guy or if he's more retiring/mellow. Taylor and Waldron both seem like pretty clinical kinda guys-- nothing wrong with that if you're getting results. Honestly I'm with so many other Bengal fans-- I don't even care about playoffs and Super Bowls so much as just making the Squealers our b*tch.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - WycheKid - 01-02-2019, 10:36 PM
Bengals interviewing Vance Joseph - bjf123 - 01-01-2019, 10:45 PM