Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron
I'm glad McDaniels took his own name off the list, hiring him would be like putting your boat in trouble water. He's just too much of a lose cannon. He'd take a job on Monday and want out on Tuesday.

He's the NFL equivalent of Bobby Petrino (I know he was in the NFL as well).

I'd still rank Zac Taylor as the number one candidate, but that's just me. If we go with him, it'll be a more seamless transition. He's worked with Lazor, so we could legitimately keep him, Van Pelt and Pollack.

He could finish the offensive coaching staff, obviously he'd have the option of going his own way and completely going new.

On defense I would like to hire Kris Richard as defensive coordinator. He's a young, fiery coach and is a completely no nonsense man. This guy could be our head coaching candidate himself.

I also like Eric Bieniemy, honestly he might be the better choice, having a former Bengal player coaching will probably do more for the fanbase than any other coaching hire. Day one, he'd be a fan favorite.

Unfortunately, I've heard from a lot of people that who they really want to hire is Hue Jackson, but they are afraid of the fan blowback and at their own inability of being able to sell him and his coaching record to the fanbase.

I believe they even reported this on Colin Cowherd's show, not that his source is any more believable than any other. I wouldn't doubt that this is how they feel though.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - TheBengalsMind - 01-03-2019, 02:04 PM
Bengals interviewing Vance Joseph - bjf123 - 01-01-2019, 10:45 PM