Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron
Told people that it is not just who the team wants to hire, but if they want to work here. I was told that it is such a savory job that no one would turn it down, yet McDaniels said no way. Right or wrong, he also decided, last year, to stay OC in NE instead of coming to Indy. Just know that being a head coach for any old team in the NFL is not always someone's goal in life.

Especially young coach know they may possibly get more than one bite at the apple and hate to have their chance/reputation ruined. Granted, Hue got a number of chances, but plenty of coaches were hot, got the top job, fizzled and then you never heard of them again. Can go from highly sought after to doing podcasts in a couple of years.

These guys may have demands ( remember that even Marvin had to negotiate with MB during a new contract ). If some of these guys don't get what they want, they may pass on Cincinnati, even if their only other option is to stay where they are at.

Don't get me wrong, I want the next Bill Belichick here ( who was a Cleveland cast off ), but we have to sell the Bengals on these guys, too.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Destro - 01-03-2019, 03:36 PM
Bengals interviewing Vance Joseph - bjf123 - 01-01-2019, 10:45 PM