Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What player was your biggest disappointment this year.
(01-03-2019, 11:47 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Well ... every running back is trying to avoid contact.

I mean ... I respect your opinion but you’re wrong about him avoiding contact.

Further, you’re assessment of WJIII is wrong too. If you meant that he misses tackles then I’d say you’re right, but that’s describing every single player on Marvin’s Defense since he’s been here. They all dive/dove at players feet only to miss. Hopefully, this is something that is corrected moving forward.

You telling me that I am wrong doesn't make me wrong...

No not every RB is trying to avoid contact.  Especially on 3rd and short.  They know a hit is coming, but the good ones like Marshawn Lynch don't care.

My assessment of WJ3 comes from when he pulled back on LeVeon Bell the previous season.  2 of our guys met him at the sideline, it looked like he was giving himself up, then he runs right past them to score a TD.  WJ3 was the second guy and to me it looked like he let up to avoid the hit.  Others saw him not wanting to get penalized.  Could have been either way.  This year I saw other plays where he could have stopped the guy but he looked to wait for someone else to make the stop.  This was very evident against the Panthers.  He had the angle and the position, but he backed off to let another defender try to make the stop, the play resulted in a TD.

So I respect you liking those guys, but if you take a hard look, especially at Mixon, you would see he isn't that great of a RB and that we could get more value out of him by trading him for a 2nd or IF possible a 1st.  The downside I see is I don't think we would find any team willing to make the move.  Maybe the Redskins.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What player was your biggest disappointment this year. - YsCascadia - 01-04-2019, 12:32 AM