Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Enigmas For Democrats
I'm not a liberal, but I'll play.

1- This is one of those divisive blanket statements that's absurd. 'Don't like our flag, then you ain't 'Merican!' Except there's an insanely small minority of people who really get upset about the flag. Even most of the whole kneeling protests have zero to do with the flag. Think about it. Go to a game or just walk down the street... how many people are setting flags on fire or protesting a flag? Most folks haven't seen anyone in person doing anything to protest a flag.

And I'm not even touching culture as there isn't an American culture. That's made up to sell Chevy's (which are made in Mexico now) and Coke. That's what makes America great: it's everybody's culture.

2- They don't, by and large.

And I'll say this about student loans: don't want them, learn a trade or find a field that has a high enough demand they'll forgive them. MY wife's a nurse. She doesn't always like the profession, but the demand is high enough and her grades are high enough, her student loans are next to nothing (comparatively).

3- Well... if they are, they are.

If you're a Nazi, you're a Nazi. If you're a racist, you're a racist. If you're a Democrat, you're a Democrat. If you're a Republican, you're a Republican. If you are part of a demographic, that's what you are.

Dreamers is a term given to soften the stance on a specific group of illegals that, by and large, are here because of a broken immigration system that's broken by design to further the need for litigators and legislators. I'm not saying they should or shouldn't be here, or if the name is an appropriate one, but Nazis getting their feelings hurt because they're called Nazis is something I can't understand.

4- All liberals don't say that. You'll find liberal gun enthusiasts and conservatives who hate guns.

As far as the sentiment, I think both are a pretty foolish approach. Banning guns doesn't end gun violence any more than banning illegal immigration prevents illegal immigration.

5- I don't disagree with that one. Although I haven't heard of it happening outside of some high schools in California (I think it was), to which I'll say... teenagers are dumb. How can I apply that blanket statement? Because it's true.

6- What made this country great was a lack of taxes, easy access to land and nostalgia. Oh, and slave labor.

We have none of that now.

I'm not saying the Constitution needs to be rewritten, but the idea that a document written hundreds of years ago before we'd broached the idea of expanding or having a standing military is puerile.

7- Again, I don't think applying broad statements really warrants a discussion. It's like saying all conservatives are backwards morons. It's simply not true and doesn't really do anything to further a democracy to try and paint either of the two major sides with a broad brush.

8- The old American Dream is dead. It was, as previously said about culture, mostly there to sell stuff. White picket fence, two car garage, etc. But the idea of the dream (work hard, get ahead) isn't dead because of liberals, it's dead because of capitalism run afoul.

Used to, you succeeded, you reaped the benefits. And if you failed, you suffered the loss. We just elected a guy who ... thanks to capitalism run afoul ... became a multi-millionaire by repeatedly failing and cheating. He's the epitome of common people working hard and a small population benefiting significantly from that labor.

There's room for conservatives and liberals alike. But as long as both sides think there isn't, guys profiting from their division will continue to get richer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
A Few Enigmas For Democrats - BFritz21 - 01-04-2019, 12:15 AM
RE: A Few Enigmas For Democrats - Benton - 01-04-2019, 01:07 AM
RE: A Few Enigmas For Democrats - BFritz21 - 01-04-2019, 02:10 AM
RE: A Few Enigmas For Democrats - Benton - 01-04-2019, 10:55 AM
RE: A Few Enigmas For Democrats - Au165 - 01-04-2019, 09:31 AM
RE: A Few Enigmas For Democrats - Dill - 01-04-2019, 11:56 AM
RE: A Few Enigmas For Democrats - GMDino - 01-04-2019, 11:36 AM
RE: A Few Enigmas For Democrats - GMDino - 01-04-2019, 12:00 PM
RE: A Few Enigmas For Democrats - GMDino - 01-04-2019, 12:55 PM
RE: A Few Enigmas For Democrats - Dill - 01-04-2019, 11:52 AM