Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron
(01-04-2019, 01:21 PM)3wt Wrote: As I survey the candidates so far, the most interesting candidate is Todd Monken.

He's the only guy who has not failed as a head coach that also developed and called his own offense.  He is also the only guy that has a significant endorsement by a player who is well traveled/ experienced, was a high level performer this year and is known for being a very savvy guy.

All the rest are coaches who have a failed recent track record or haven't done squat in this league.

He has the profile of what we want.   A young, intelligent guys who has demonstrated his abilities in the league (top 5 offense this year I believe), who the game has not passed by and who has (reportedly) the "it" (vs IT) factor.

So far he has not accepted the request for an interview (which bodes poorly for the Bengals)

If I'm Duke and Katie I'm not wasting time interviewing guys who are essentially aides and have no positive track record, and gunning heavily for this guy.  

Monken would not be the only one with a player endorsement, just the only one with a public one. The league is a very small and tight group so I do not suspect there is much in the way of unknowns for candidates or about the candidates. It is clear every year that most teams have a similar candidate list so they are all working with the same information. Look at Indy, they had to go thier second choice but it worked out better than their first choice. 

There are good candidates out there, but a lot of it is 'fit'. Have to have the right guy for THAT organization. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - I_C_DeadPeople - 01-04-2019, 02:15 PM
Bengals interviewing Vance Joseph - bjf123 - 01-01-2019, 10:45 PM