Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private"
(12-28-2018, 09:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I will say the article linked appears to try to place this on only one branch. As I've said from jump: Once Congress agrees upon a resolution; this shutdown lies solely on them. Once POTUS vetoes a resolution then it's on him. 

I wanted to revisit this in light of recent events. The House passed legislation that was approved unanimously by the Senate about a month ago. Now, McConnell refuses to bring it to the floor, or anything to the floor, unless it will be signed by Trump. This is ludicrous as he has the votes to override a veto, but instead of working towards the best interests of the country we have a Senate majority leader that is more concerned about how partisan optics.

Let me be clear, I am not blaming the whole GOP for this. I am blaming McConnell because he is the one who won't put anything on the floor unless it will be signed by Trump. That is not how Congress is supposed to work.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private" - Belsnickel - 01-04-2019, 06:33 PM