Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it time to move on from Burfict?
(01-04-2019, 04:41 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: I'm not a physician; I just play one on an internet message board.

Poor play, penalties, and suspensions aside, it may very well be in his best interest not to play anymore anyway. While I've been frustrated with him plenty during his career (and, to be fair, awed by him at times), I still want the guy to have a decent quality of life after his career ends. He's virtually guaranteed to suffer another concussion considering his style of play. Is it even worth it?

Well....I AM  physician and I agree entirely.   What you start seeing when a player is getting to the end with concussions is when the same amount of injury occurs with progressively more minor impacts.   And that's what we are seeing with Burfict.  he is getting dinged with pretty mundane collisions over the past couple of years.   I can remember Moose Johnston finally calling it quits after his 9th concussion where he wasn't even hit in the head-- just taken to the ground.  I think Troy Aikman (might have been another QB) was the same-- his last concussion was a run of the mill sack with barely any head impact.  We've seen Burfict run dazed to the sideline after pretty routine tackles past 2 years, sometimes he would return sometimes not.     It's time to move on for his own sake.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it time to move on from Burfict? - 34inXXIII - 01-04-2019, 03:54 PM
RE: Is it time to move on from Burfict? - 34inXXIII - 01-04-2019, 04:41 PM
RE: Is it time to move on from Burfict? - dr tarzan - 01-04-2019, 07:14 PM