Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
I think we should trade Dalton and Green
(01-05-2019, 12:14 PM)McC Wrote: They parted ways with Marvin because of all the empty seats.  They are trying to put butts back in the seats, no chase the rest away, which is exactly what  rebuild would do.

And the Browns?  Yeah, it only took them a decade to rebuild.  It's silly to act like it happened in a year because it most certainly did not.

How many years would you have to hit on every draft pick to complete the process?

And finally, and most important of all, you are not taking into account Mike's way of doing things, and trading away all the best players and starting over is absolutely not in his wheel house.

The Browns rebuild took more than a decade? I mean yeah they were bad for that long, but they began rebuilding their current roster in 2016 and 2017 with teams that went 1-31. You can't rebuild from much worse than that. They stockpiled a ton of picks and hit several (Mayfield, Garrett, Njoku Chubb, Ward, Peppers, Callaway, Avery, Ogunjobi, Ogbah, Schobert, Kindred are all starters from the last 3 drafts). Then they added these starters in free agency since 2017 (Zeitler, Tretter, Carrie, Fells, Hubbard, Hyde though they then traded him this year). They also traded for starters Landry and Randall.

So not counting Hyde, 19 of their 22 starters have been added to the roster since 2016, and the majority since 2017. If you do it right, you CAN rebuild in a few years.

That being said, I do agree with you that Mike Brown will not have the foresight to do it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think we should trade Dalton and Green - Fullrock - 01-05-2019, 01:18 PM