Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
I think we should trade Dalton and Green
(01-05-2019, 01:18 PM)Fullrock Wrote: The Browns rebuild took more than a decade? I mean yeah they were bad for that long, but they began rebuilding their current roster in 2016 and 2017 with teams that went 1-31. You can't rebuild from much worse than that. They stockpiled a ton of picks and hit several (Mayfield, Garrett, Njoku Chubb, Ward, Peppers, Callaway, Avery, Ogunjobi, Ogbah, Schobert, Kindred are all starters from the last 3 drafts). Then they added these starters in free agency since 2017 (Zeitler, Tretter, Carrie, Fells, Hubbard, Hyde though they then traded him this year). They also traded for starters Landry and Randall.

So not counting Hyde, 19 of their 22 starters have been added to the roster since 2016, and the majority since 2017. If you do it right, you CAN rebuild in a few years.

That being said, I do agree with you that Mike Brown will not have the foresight to do it.

I think you're underestimating how many failed rebuilds they had before this one seemed to work, the jury is still out on that team. They could easily fall off quickly they had 10 wins in 2007 ans were turning the corner, 4 wins in 2008 and the rest is history. It took them about 30 QBs to finally maybe hit on one.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think we should trade Dalton and Green - fozzie11 - 01-05-2019, 01:35 PM