Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
I think we should trade Dalton and Green
(01-05-2019, 11:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I want to see what a new HC can do with this core (AJ, Geno, Andy, Dunlap) before we even think about tearing it all down and rebuilding. Especially now that we’ve added some nice young pieces like Boyd, Mixon, Bates, and WJ3.

What’s up with all these trade threads anyway?

I'm with this 100%.  We gave Pollack a chance to work the offensive line with his coaching style, and the rushing attack absolutely improved.  Mixon was the leading rusher in the AFC (despite not getting as many reps early)  and I believe his YPC was around 4.8?  That is a solid number.

I know everyone will kill the pass-blocking work of the offensive line, but I honestly don't believe that was all their fault. Dalton was having a career year statistically until his weapons started dropping like flies.  He had to hold the ball too long because guys simply weren't getting open.  Watching Seattle play offense last night (although they are hardly an offensive juggernaut) it appeared on passing downs that Wilson would get the snap, move the pocket and look for something downfield, then have a checkdown designed to the side he was scrambling.  It was usually just a 5 yard checkdown, but effective and low risk.  I hope our next OC has a late-release RB or TE as a checkdown for Dalton more often as it seems Andy had to go downfield or he was running for his life.  

The offense can certainly be very competitive.  The defense needs a major overhaul at LB.  Look at Dallas's LB crew of Smith, Lee, and LVE.  They are outstanding.  I would love to just have two very competent LBs.  I would go after a desirable FA, and draft one very early.  That will make the biggest impact on our defense.  If the easy checkdowns are better covered by a LB crew with some speed and instincts.  That, and a bit more aggressive scheme.  

I give the new coaching staff a shot.  Lots of people thought the Rams were dead from the neck up until they got rid of Fisher.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think we should trade Dalton and Green - SHRacerX - 01-06-2019, 11:21 AM